Updated on: June, 2021
Vetexpertise LDA, (hereinafter, “Vetexpertise,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) provides an online consultancy service in the area of veterinary medicine (CAE: 75000) based in Portugal, (hereinafter, the “Services”).
IF YOU ARE PURCHASING OR USING OUR SERVICES IN ANY WAY, PLEASE READ OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR DETAILED INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR LEGAL OBLIGATIONS.
After reading this Policy, if you have additional questions or would like further information, please contact us at [email protected]
Personal Data We Collect And How We Use It
As further explained below, we collect and process personal data only for lawful reasons, such as when the processing is necessary to perform a contract, like the Terms of Service, and our legitimate business interests, such as improving, personalizing, marketing, and developing the Services, promoting safety and security, and recruiting and evaluating applicants.
Information You Provide to Us
Account and Payment Data: If you set up a Vetexpertise account through our Services or otherwise engage with Vetexpertise, you provide basic contact and/or account setup information, such as your name, email, address, company information, username, password, and payment information. Please note that we do not store your payment information, but the third-party payment processors we engage may retain your payment information in accordance with their own privacy policies and terms.
Inquiries and Other Data: When you contact us through live chat or online contact form on our website or through email or any other communication mechanism, you typically provide your name, email, the subject matter of your inquiry, and any other information you choose to provide at your option.
Applicant Data: If you are applying for a job with us, you provide any information included on your resume, CV, or application materials, such as contact information, date of birth, photo, education, employment, and work history, qualifications, skills, and professional licenses. You also may provide other personal data during an in-person or video interview.
No Sensitive Information: Please do not provide any highly sensitive personal data when using the Services, communicating with us, or applying for a job – such as social security numbers, health or medical information, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, or data concerning a person’s sex life or sexual orientation. We do not intentionally process highly sensitive personal data and reserve the right to reject or delete it.
- How We Use Data Provided By You:
- Provide, Improve, and Maintain the Services: We use the data you provide to set up your account, provide the Services, receive or make payments, and communicate with you about your account and the Services.
- Market the Services: We may use your information to market and promote our Services. You may opt-out of marketing communications at anytime by contacting us at [email protected] or clicking the “Unsubscribe” button in the applicable communication.
- Protect You and the Services: We use the information we collect to promote the safety and security of the Services, our clients, and other parties. For example, we may use your information to authenticate users, facilitate secure payments, protect against spam, fraud, and abuse, respond to a legal request or claim, conduct audits, or enforce our Terms of Service or other terms and policies that may be in effect.
- Recruiting and Hiring: We use the applicant data described above to recruit and evaluate applicants who may join our team.
Information We Collect Automatically
We collect certain information via cookies and similar automated means when you use the Services, some of which may be personal data. Cookies and similar technologies do not gather your unique personal data, like name, date of birth, gender, or email. Rather, the information collected by cookies and other automated means is generally about your devices and your activities on your devices, such as search history, IP address, browser used, operating system and settings, access times, opens, clicks, and downloads of our email, and referring URL. If you are using a mobile device, we may also collect data that identifies your device, settings, and frequency of usage. This data may be collected by or shared with our third-party analytics, advertising, and anti-spam partners.
- How We Use Data That Is Collected Automatically:
Vetexpertise and its service providers use the automatically collected data described above to provide, advertise, and improve the Services, including to keep track of your preferences and profile information, customize services and content, measure the effectiveness of promotions and digital communications, place our advertisements on other websites, estimate your general location and time zone, protect against malicious activity and spam, and to secure your accounts.
Information We Receive from Third Parties
From time to time, we may collect personal information from third parties such as public websites, social networks, marketing partners, and recruiting databases. This information may include names, contact information, email, professional or employment information, and other information which is publicly available.
We may use information collected from third parties for our own promotional or marketing purposes, such as sending prospective client’s emails about our Services, or for recruiting and evaluating applicants.
- You may opt-out of marketing or recruiting communications at any time by contacting us at [email protected] or following the “Unsubscribe” instructions included in the applicable communication.
How We Share Your Information
Except as noted below, Vetexpertise does not sell, rent, or lease your personal data to third parties. We only share your personal data with the following types of service providers for the purposes set forth in this Policy:
- IT/cloud service providers to store and secure your personal data
- Email and communications processors so we can communicate with you about the Services
- Payment processors to collect your fees and process payments
- Contractors to provide, market, and improve the Services and answer your questions
- Analytics, tracking, and measurement partners to help us improve the Services
- Advertising partners to place our ads on other websites you visit and manage our web advertising campaigns
- Marketing partners to send you marketing and promotional communications about our Services
- Recruiting and talent acquisition partners to recruit and evaluate individuals who may join our team
We also may share your information as required by law, to investigate potential illegal activities or violations of our Terms of Service or other agreements, to protect the security of our Services and users, or as a result of a merger, acquisition, or assignment with a third party.
Controlling Your Account and Your Rights
To submit a question or concern about how to control, modify, or delete your account or data, contact us at [email protected].
Depending on your location, you may have certain legal rights regarding your personal data, including:
- You may request access to your personal data and obtain information about our processing of your personal data, with whom we share your personal data, and your rights.
- You may request that we restrict our processing of your personal data.
- You may object to our processing of your personal data.
- Where we process personal data based on your consent, you may withdraw your consent.
- You may correct personal data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- You may request that we delete your personal data or provide a copy of it to you.
We may request proof of your identity before acting upon any request. To submit a question or concern about your rights, please contact us at [email protected]. If you live in the USA, UK, or Switzerland, and you are unsatisfied with our response, you have the right to lodge a complaint regarding your personal data with an applicable supervisory authority.
How We Protect and Store Your Information
We maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and organizational safeguards designed to protect against loss, misuse, or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction of the personal data that we collect from you. We restrict access to personal data collected about you to our employees, contractors, and certain third-party service providers as discussed above. Please note, however, that no website or storage mechanism can guarantee 100% security.
Generally, we store your personal data for as long as required according to Article 5(1)(e) and Recital (39) of the GDPR, to provide the Services to you, and when you cancel your account, we take reasonable steps to delete your personal data within a reasonable period of time. Sometimes, we may retain your information for a period of time after account cancellation to allow you to efficiently reinstate your Services account, if you so choose. We also may retain certain personal data after you cancel your account to the extent necessary to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, for the purpose of fraud monitoring, detection and prevention, and for our tax, accounting, and financial reporting obligations. Where we retain data, we do so in accordance with any limitation periods and records retention obligations that are imposed by applicable law.
If you are located in the USA, UK, or Switzerland, you may request information about how we transfer your personal data across borders by contacting us at [email protected].
Vetexpertise acts according to the Court of Justice of the European Union. On July 16, 2020, the Court of Justice of the European Union issued a judgment declaring as “invalid” the European Commission’s Decision (EU) 2016/1250 of 12 July 2016 on the adequacy of the protection provided by the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield. As a result of that decision, the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework is no longer a valid mechanism to comply with EU data protection requirements when transferring personal data from the European Union to the United States. The European Data Protection Board EDPB recalls that it issued guidelines on Art 49 GDPR derogations and that such derogations must be applied on a case-by-case basis.
Links to Other Websites
We may provide links to other websites as a service to you or in order to provide you additional venues in which you can leverage or share the opportunities of the Services. Please be aware that we do not control and are not responsible for their information collection, use, and disclosure practices. Please review and understand their privacy practices and policies, if any, before providing any personal data to them or using any of their services. We are not responsible for the content or information of these third-party sites, any products or services that may be offered through them, or any other use of the sites.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding this Policy or our practices please feel free to write to us at:
Largo República do Brasil 437C 2ºT